CARING FOR YOUR CANDLE & REED DIFFUSER
BY FOLLOWING A FEW SIMPLE TIPS IT'S POSSIBLE TO EXTEND THE LIFE OF EACH ONE OF OUR LOVINGLY HANDMADE PRODUCTS. ALL TIPS AND ADVICE CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON THE BACK OF EACH PRODUCT'S PACKAGING.
CARING FOR YOUR 'CLASSIC' CANDLE
The first time you light your candle you must let it burn for at least 2 hours, or until the liquified wax on the top of the candle (melt pool) reaches the edge of the glass.
Wax has a memory, and doing this each time you light the candle will ensure it doesn’t “tunnel” - burn down leaving unmelted wax at the edges. Sometimes soot marks appear on the glass but these are easily removed with a damp cloth. You should not let your candle burn for more than 4 hours at a time.
Always trim the wooden wick each time before lighting your candle. 5mm is about right. We find nail clippers are the ideal tool, or you can just pinch off the burnt bit of the wick, removing any residue before lighting the candle. If you find the flame is too big you may find you need to trim the wick further.
CARING FOR YOUR REED DIFFUSER
The reed diffusers should last up to 6 weeks. If you notice the fragrance intensity is weakening, we suggest flipping the reeds, every 2 weeks, to get the best possible fragrance performance.
Always keep out of the reach of young children and never ingest the reed diffuser oil. Fragrance oils may damage furniture, fabrics, painted surfaces, wood and plastics. Take care to protect your surfaces during use. Please refer to all recommendations listed on the packaging.